Apply to the Alder Teacher Residency
Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee has partnered with the Alder Graduate School of Education to offer prospective teachers the opportunity to begin their career and improve their effectiveness by enrolling in the Alder Teacher Residency Program.
- Residents spend four days a week in the classroom participating in hands-on teaching for the duration of a school year.
- One day a week is spent with a regional cohort in seminars that bridge educational theory and research with the direct experience taking place in the classroom.
- Additional discussion and reflection on theory and research take place via in-person course intensives and online coursework. More information is available in the Alder Scope and Sequence.
- Residents apprentice at one of our Memphis campuses.
- Residents receive a Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential in Tennessee.
- Master of Arts in Teaching and a Practitioner License, both awarded by Relay Graduate School of Education. Credential is awarded in year one, and the Master’s Degree is completed with some additional part-time coursework in year two.
- Available credentials vary by partner. Some include:
- Multiple Subject (K–8)
- Single Subject (6–12): English, Math, Science, or Social Studies