We're committed to supporting teachers both personally and professionally, so you can do your best work and ignite a passion for learning in students.
We believe in a rigorous teaching approach.
At Green Dot, we're forward thinking and fast moving. As a middle or high school teacher, you'll combine a rigorous curriculum with the academic counseling and support our students deserve and need to succeed.
We hire strong leaders and support teacher development.
You'll be surrounded every day by a supportive network of intelligent, passionate, and hardworking colleagues. You'll receive unmatched feedback, thrive in a diverse culture that encourages collaboration, and gain opportunities to grow through data-driven professional development.
We make social change a reality.
Join us in taking the lead in education reform. We're making a difference for students who have historically been underserved by failing schools. Whether you work in Los Angeles, Memphis or the Seattle/Tacoma region, you'll help shape the trajectories for your students by providing them the quality education they deserve.
How we Support and Grow our Teachers
New Teacher Support
We provide teacher mentors and subject matter coaches who align with your professional goals and help develop your practice.
Work closely with passionate, like-minded colleagues by sharing best practices on a regular basis.
Small Schools and Class Sizes
Our schools serve around 600 students, and the average class size at Green Dot is 25-30 students.
Better Pay and Benefits
Green Dot offers competitive salaries with surrounding districts and gain a robust benefits package.
Grow Your Dot: The Call for Highly Effective Teachers
We understand the effectiveness of a classroom teacher is the single most important factor in student achievement. There is no job more important than that of a teacher.
That's why we invest in developing leadership pathways that provide you with the opportunity to lead within a school, without ever leaving the classroom. Our goal is to challenge and encourage you, so you can expand your effectiveness and impact by exploring various avenues of educational leadership.
- Data Fellow - Be the school site expert in using timely, actionable data to drive instruction and professional development by empowering your colleagues.
- Professional Development Leader - Facilitate professional development sessions for your colleagues.
- New Teacher Mentor - Provide peer observation and instructional coaching to new teachers.
- Instructional Leadership Team Member -Be part of a team who shapes the design and provides input on the school's curriculum, instructional strategies and human capital.
- Demo Classroom Teacher - Design, deliver, and debrief high quality instruction for teacher colleagues in a structured setting.
*Opportunities to Grow Your Dot vary by school site region.