City Year and Adelante Partnership
Green Dot’s Adelante Credentialing Program is proud to be a City Year Career Partner. This partnership reflects the shared visions and values of both organizations, and their belief that young people can keep students on track to graduate from high school and pursue post-secondary education.
The City Year experience is a strong indicator of future success as an Adelante cohort member, and AmeriCorps members and alumni interested in continuing their commitment to education and student achievement are encouraged to apply.
For more information visit the City Year page.
About Adelante Accelerated Credentialing Program
The Adelante program is ideal for someone who is relentless, reflective, and collaborative. You should possess a strong desire to foster high levels of achievement with academically underserved students.
Upon completion of the one-year program, an Adelante cohort member will:
- earn a Single Subject CA Teaching Credential
- continue as a Green Dot teacher with a full-time salary, benefits, and union membership
- enter the second year with a strong toolkit of Green Dot Signature Teaching Strategies
- be given preference for the Loyola Marymount Master’s program at a reduced cost
Benefits for City Year Corps Members or Alums
How To Apply
For summer 2017, we are seeking mission-driven individuals to join the Adelante Teacher Credentialing Program. The program supports cohort members as they work as full-time salaried teachers and simultaneously earn a middle or high school teacher credential from Loyola Marymount University
In addition to the below information, you might want to read our frequently asked questions. In order to apply, candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
Upon acceptance to the program, cohort members must obtain the following state required assessments:
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- California Subject Education Test (CSET) in assigned content area
- US Constitution Exam
Once accepted all candidates would participate in the 4-week summer teaching and training that begins in July 2017.
Adelante cohort members will:
- Hold an unwavering belief in all students’ potential
- Exhibit excellent collaborative and organization skills
- Be reflective and embody a growth mindset