Green Dot's Accelerated Credentialing Program
Earn an accelerated Middle or High School Teaching Credential at Green Dot Public Schools in partnership with Loyola Marymount University.
Green Dot Public Schools seeks to help transform public education so that all students graduate prepared for college,leadership, and life.
Join Green Dot Public Schools, leading 20 schools in traditionally under-served neighborhoods throughout LA. Our schools graduate high school seniors at a higher rate than their more affluent peers in public schools.
The Adelante program is ideal for someone who is relentless, reflective, and collaborative. You should possess a strong desire to foster high levels of achievement with academically underserved students.
Upon completion of the one-year program, an Adelante cohort member will:
- earn a Single Subject CA Teaching Credential
- continue as a Green Dot teacher with a full-time salary, benefits, and union membership
- enter the second year with a strong toolkit of Green Dot Signature Teaching Strategies
- be given preference for the Loyola Marymount Master’s program at a reduced cost
How To Apply
For summer 2017, we are seeking mission-driven individuals to join the Adelante Teacher Credentialing Program. The program supports cohort members as they work as full-time salaried teachers and simultaneously earn a middle or high school teacher credential from Loyola Marymount University
In addition to the below information, you might want to read our frequently asked questions. In order to apply, candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
Upon acceptance to the program, cohort members must obtain the following state required assessments:
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- California Subject Education Test (CSET) in assigned content area
- US Constitution Exam
Once accepted all candidates would participate in the 4-week summer teaching and training that begins in July 2017.
Adelante cohort members will:
- Hold an unwavering belief in all students’ potential
- Exhibit excellent collaborative and organization skills
- Be reflective and embody a growth mindset
Now accepting applications!
Apply to the Green Dot Adelante Credentialing Program and begin your career as a full-time classroom teacher in Fall 2017
Coursework and Supports
Coursework alone cannot adequately prepare you to be a successful first year teacher in a high need school. The Adelante program aligns Green Dot focused curriculum and daily classroom experience, so that each teacher has the potential to become “Highly Effective.”
This program will truly prepare you for a joyful career in the classroom. Adelante cohort members receive the following supports:
- extensive professional development including a new teacher training week, new teacher pull out days and weekly school site professional development
- mentorship from a Green Dot Curriculum Specialist:
- a content expert who supports your planning, instruction and behavior management.
- collaboration with a learning community of new teachers who are working together to grow in their practice.